Monday, September 22, 2008

Good News!

Today I went down to service New Brunswick to get a drivers handbook! (Yes, I finally did it!) I also booked an appoitment for the 1st of October to get my learners permit. While I was there, I asked the lady behind the counter what would be the fastest way to get my license; and to my surprise I got a very good answer! She told me that If I took the test on the 1st of October, and then took the "Young Driver's" course, I would have my full license by February 1st - Thats 4 months!!! So I will be studying hard in the next week to get my permit right away.

Jonathan is going for his aptitude test and physical for the Military tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that it was on the 27th in a previous blog, but I had the date wrong! Imagine my shock last night when he told me. He feels pretty good about it, he has been training so, I think it will go pretty well. After the test we should know with-in the week or so if its a go, and if so when he will have to go to St Jean, Quebec for his basic training.

As we guessed, and hoped, Bailee is quite the little athlete! We had her outside most of the night with us yesterday running all over the yard, while Jonathan cooked steaks on the fire pit (they were delicious!). We sat outside by the fire and ate our steak and veggies, then we took Bailee to the lake to see how she liked it. She seems pretty sceptical, and didn't seem to enjoy it very much, we are just assuming that it's because the water is cold, and since she has no hair on her belly, well... haha. Her coat is getting thicker, but still, no sign of hair on that belly of hers! At this rate, she will NEED a little coat for the winter to keep her warm. She does enjoy being outside though, I walked her around the entire perimeter of the yard (about an acre) a few times, ran it a few times, then I stood at the end of the driveway with Jonathan at the other end, and we called her name back and fourth, she much have ran both ways at least 10 times each! She loved it!

Thats all for now! I'll write soon!

0 Lovely Comments: