asdjaksnflijahdsfkdnaskdhfaskfhaknsdahsfkanskfailsifdaksbndkashfahdbfskabnsflkjnasf!
^That is how I feel right now!
I feel like someone took every single emotion I could possibly have and put them into a blender.
Relieved, tired, sick, oh so very thankful, grateful, happy, sad, exhausted.. I think you get the point?
My day has been one heck of an emotional roller coaster, and I am so thankful its over! I am thankful that its over, yet grateful that it happened.
I slept at mom's last night, because the house was all packed up, and got up at 7am this morning (after NO sleep!) to get back to the house and finish last minute packing before the movers came. Then reality REALLY hit me.. The only way to get the piano out of the house, was to get it out the front door.. Problem was, my lawn was covered in 3 1/2 feet of snow with no way for the truck to get close enough to the door. Needless to say.. PANIC!..
So I called the guy who normally does my driveway to see if he could come by to plow my LAWN! (how ridiculous is that?!).. No answer... Panic... By this time its 10am, with the movers coming at 11:30.. PANIC!
I called him about 14 times and nothing. So I called Bob and asked what my options were and he gave me the number of the guy who does their driveway. I called. He was asking $150.00 TO PLOW MY LAWN! I just about died of a heart attack, but my choices were, pay the $150.00, or leave the piano behind.. I told him to start the truck (with tears in my eyes, no doubt!). After hanging up the phone, I asked God for the the strength I would need to hand over the money, and I prayed for a better option, and FAST! I decided to try one last time, and call my usual guy. He answered! However, his truck was broken! I told him about my dilemma and how much i was being charged, and he just about died when I told him the cost. He said "Melissa, you call him back right now and tell him to never mind. I will figure something out, and it will get done with-in the hour." So, as told, I called him back and told him that I found someone else to do it. I just didn't know who, or how! I basically just put all my faith in him and prayed that it would work out.
At 11:30 the movers showed up, and nothing had happened yet. At 11:45 a giant tractor showed up in my yard with a giant plow, and moved the snow so fast it tore up the lawn!
It was his brother that had come. He came into the house to make sure it was good enough, and I asked him how much I owed him, and he replied "Not a cent." I seriously had to stop myself from bursting into tears, I handed him some money anyways, and thanked him.
This is what my lawn looked like... (not that I care! I actually think its hysterical that I had to have my lawn plowed! ha ha)
Other then that, the move went smoothly. The movers were all really nice and helped with the last minute box taping and a bit of packing even! The house is just about empty, and all that there is left is some touch-ups on the paint, and then flying to Ontario!
Ah, now its time for A LOT of sleep! I don't think the usual 8 hours will cut it tonight!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Empty House! And "Much To Be Thankful For!"
With Love, The Mrs. at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 Lovely Comments:
man, girl! I probably would have just sat on the floor in fetal position, rocking back and forth. God kinda has a funny way of taking care of us, doesn't he? I'm glad that you got to keep your piano!!
I'Mreally glad for that man's kindness towards you. What a chance to really show what kindness and love!
I'm proud of you for trusting that God would provide for you. !!
Justine- Yeah, he definately does! I am really glad I got to keep it too, we played around with the idea of selling it for a while. So in the end I am really glad things worked out!!
Sophie- Thanks! It was a little hard to put all of my faith in him, but I knew God was watching over me, and everything worked out great!
Post a Comment