Saturday, February 21, 2009

Past, Present, and Future..

I was just taking the time to look back on all of my blog postings since I started the blog on Saturday, June 21st, 2008. It hasn't been a year yet, but so much has happened in that "little"
amount of time. Just thinking about how much we have gone through and had to overcome to get where we are now.
There are things that I wish didn't have to happen, and thing's I'd do over again, but in the end everything that has happened has got us to where we are now. I wouldn't change that for the world.
I still find it so hard to believe that so much has happened since then! I mean, we moved from Ontario to New Brunswick and back, within 8 months! Who does that!? When we originally moved there, we did not expect to move back so soon. However, God wanted us to be in Ontario, and here we are!
Just thinking about all that has happened comforts me going into the future. We don't know what the rest of 2009 will have in store for us, but I am sure that with God looking over us we will be just fine. I am certainly not expecting it to be easy though! We will have a lot to face with the rest of Jonathan's training, and possible deployments. Not to mention any other little surprises along the way.
Its hard to believe that we are already 52 days into 2009. Last October when Jonathan left for Basic Training, February 19th seemed like a decade away. Looking back now, it seems like only a few days ago. I don't have to look back at the posting on my blog, or what I wrote in my journal for Jonathan that day, to tell you how I felt. Its something you just can't forget. What I remember most vividly, was walking outside of the airport at 6:40 am, in the dark, and watching the plan until the lights faded away into the black sky. I then walked back to the car and cried.
Being without your husband is scary enough as it is, but I knew I would be spending the next few months almost completely by myself, in the middle of nowhere. Having to depend on other people to get me where I needed to go, and to help me get groceries and other necessities. It wasn't easy. However, its DONE! 4 Months later, I can say that I managed to pass the time, and keep most of my sanity.
I look back and see how hard it was for me, but deep down I know that God was watching over me, and today I walk away as a stronger person, and better Christian.
Today, the thought of Jonathan going away to Battle School tomorrow, isn't AS scary for me because I know I can handle it, as unpleasant as it is! It has prepared me for the wonderful future that God is giving us, with all of its unknown surprises.

Verse Of The Day
“The commandments,
"Do not commit adultery,"
"Do not murder,"
"Do not steal,"
"Do not covet,"
and whatever other commandment there may be,
are summed up in this one rule:
"Love your neighbor as yourself."
Love does no harm to its neighbor.
Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.”
With love,

1 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you think and the way you write it sooo well.