The movers came this morning, and it's done!! The move went really well, except for the fact that the piano did not make it up the stairs.. The movers tried and tried, but it just wouldn't go. I was devastated, and must admit there were a few tears. In the end, I know that God has a plan, and even though its not to my liking at this very moment, everything will work out the way it should. The piano is not in storage, and there is a huge empty space in the apartment where the piano was supposed to be..
The movers left at around noon and I got to work unpacking. The kitchen is already completely set up, and I am halfway done the living room/hallway (which is quite large and should be called a room on its own! It's 5 1/2 feet wide, by 20 feet LONG!) The bed is also all set up, and fully made. We are still waiting on some furniture, but we should have that by tomorrow. I am really impressed with the progress I've made in such a short time. I have no doubt that it will be 100% complete with-in the next 2 days or so.
I really don't know what I would have done without the help of all the family around me. Dave was kind enough to drive me to Picton with 13 hours worth of jet lag, Carolynn has given me a ton of moral support, Don and Scott helped get some the dressers, a couch, and shelving from the farm to the apartment, and Leslie, after taking me out to breakfast this morning, was there with my all morning while I was dealing with the movers, and the piano issues. Without their help, I am sure I would have been in need of some medical attention!!
Speaking of which! My "hives" (that's what Leslie says they are) have spread! They have taken over my right hand, and most of my left hand! They are also now on my toes, which is extremely painful! They have pretty much almost disappeared from my face, but not entirely.
Oh!! And for some fantastic news: Jonathan is on his way "HOME!" He should get here around 10:30 or 11:00 tonight! I am really excited that he will finally get to sleep in his own bed, especially after over 4 months or sleeping on bases! I really cannot wait for him to see the apartment I really hope he loves it just as much as I do.. Piano or not!
I just read the verse of the day to myself.. How fitting!






0 Lovely Comments:
Post a Comment