Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada day!


Unfortunately, this year there are no Canada day festivities for us! Jonathan was working on the base all day, and obviously couldn't get home. However, he will have a long weekend because of it and will be home tomorrow night! Wahoo! 


Today was still pretty eventful though! Certainly can't say I was bored at all. Dave and Carolynn called me at 12:11 (I kid not!) and told me they would be HERE in an hour to take me to spend the day at the willows with them! However, they lied!!! They got here at 1:08.. 3 minutes short of an hour; but who am I to judge? =)

It was a beautiful day, and Elizabeth, Roger and the kids where there too! (As well as Roger's sister and her family.) So I kept busy! Elizabeth and I canoed across West Lake to the Sand dunes (Sand Banks Provincial Park), and I am sure my arms will be killing me tomorrow, but I still had fun! It felt really great to be out in the sun all day!


I am sure you are all anxious to know how the pregnancy is going, as I haven't posted much about it ( I haven't really posted much of anything have I?). 
Everything is going really well! I am 12 weeks and 5 days today, but I am sure you already knew that if you saw the Lilypie baby ticker I added to the blog =) I also added the picture of the first ultrasound. I have only had one so far, that unfortunately Jonathan couldn't make it too. So, I am waiting so schedule the next one for when he is on leave from work (July 26th to August 16th, I believe?)
As for morning sickness, there is only one word I can use to describe it: Brutal! 
It started around 5 1/2 weeks, and is now slowly dying down. It was so bad at one point that I was so dehydrated that I wound up in the hospital hooked on IV, my doctor prescribed Diclectin for me to help with the nausea, I dreaded the idea of taking medication so I put the prescription aside. However, after a couple hospital visits, I was forced on it because it was clearly the better option! (I have recently stopped taking them!) 
As if all of that wasn't bad enough, not having Jonathan around made it so much worse! I was not able to cook at all, and am still having a hard time stepping foot into my dreaded kitchen! Some smells just about kill me, whereas others, I can't seem to get enough of!! One day I crave a certain food, so I buy a fridge full, and the next day I want absolutely nothing to do with it! 
Now that I have hit the 3 month mark, things (I am told!) should get easier, and it has a bit.
I wouldn't quite say I am "showing" yet. Some days my belly is big, and others it isn't! I have certainly gained a bit of weight from it all though, and my clothes are getting pretty freaking tight! However, still too early for maternity clothes, so I guess I just have to suck it up!



The Papers have been signed, and all of the documents are pretty much in order! We have a PMQ! I know I shared this news in an earlier post, but the papers had not be signed, nor confirmed. Our move in date is the 5th of August and I could NOT be more excited!! I am so thrilled and relieved that we are finally able to live together again! Nothing is more stressful then not living with your own husband due to work. 9 months is just far to long to have to pray he gets home on weekends! Also, we really lucked out that his summer leave is right around the time of the move! The Military will be taking care of the packing, moving, and most of the unpacking, so I wasn't to worried about that. However, as we can all recall, the last move was quite stressful all by myself even with the little help I got from the movers, so having Jonathan around to deal with most of it will be quite wonderful!! 

I am quite tired, and do not feel like proof-reading this, so please don't hesitate to point out if something doesn't make sense! Haha.

God Bless!


“For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: 
Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought,
 but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, 
in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.” 

Ps. What do you guys think of the new theme? And yes, I did make that awesome header! :) 
(I am soooo modest, I know!)


0 Lovely Comments: