And that means I am a whole year older then I was in August! Weird how that happens eh? Yup, I hit the 21 mark on September 2nd. I bet if I said I felt old I'd get harassed? Ha! Well, I certainly do not feel old. I am quite happy to be at this stage in my life at this age. I am pretty sure I don't know anyone that is my age right now, happily married, settled, and expecting a sweet little bundle of joy. I have so much reason to be happy and feel truly blessed!!
Lately I have been feeling our little girl move around a lot more, and when she kicks, I can actually see my belly moving! Today, I am 22 weeks and 1 day, so she should now weigh 1 lb. When we had our last ultrasound she was 16 cm long, not including her long legs! Its really amazing how time flys!
For my birthday, because we knew the gender, Jonathan decided to take me to 'Baby's R Us' to pick out our first baby item. We both decided on this little pink baby bunting (or so thats what I am told its called! - I googled it!) It has a 2 pieces and is absolutely adorable! We picked this because it would be perfect to take her home in when its cold in January. Its 0-6 months, so it will be pretty big at first, but it will be oh so cute!

Last week my sister moved to Ottawa for collage. I met up with her and her mother (Yes, we are "half-sisters" - I HATE that term!) for lunch. Yes, that means we are now 2 hours apart, not 10! - I think that's pretty exciting. It was really great seeing them after quite some time, and they were kind enough to bring some baby presents! They got her quite a few adorable outfits, the cutest little shoes EVER and some socks. I took a few pictures, because I HAD to share how adorable they are.



This is what her closet looks like so far, so hopefully the ultrasound technician was right about the gender! I have a feeling this is going to be one spoiled little girl!

Tonight we are in Ottawa. It is our niece Emily's birthday on the 10th, so they had her birthday party today. Its so hard to believe that a year has come and gone. I think about where we were last year at this time, and it literally amazes me at how much has changed! Although, I love every bit of it. Seeing all of our nieces and nephews grow up so fast scares me a little. I think about how 5 months have just flown by, and it seems like at any time now I will be holding a baby and before I know it she wont be so little anymore. I am glad I know in advance to cherish every second of it.
Tomorrow morning we are driving to Picton to visit Jonathan's grandparents. We will be spending the night there and driving back to Petawawa on Monday. Jonathan even has Tuesday off, so we will have a quite relaxing day together after all that driving! Yippy!

“Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”






0 Lovely Comments:
Post a Comment