Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Will Not Censor Myself!

I feel as though I was personally attacked by a quite a few people regarding my blog post about my opinion on Halloween, as a Christian.

I was in no way, trying to make a statement, or tell people how to feel about the topic. I was only voicing my personal thoughts, on my personal blog space.
I also stated that with the link I posted "I do not agree with the authors remarks telling people to not partake in Halloween." to show that I was not trying to push my views on other people - and then, I later apologized for sharing the link because it had offended/angered so many people.
However, I do not regret sharing the link - Although, it does bother me that so many people were angered with me because of it.

Through all of this I have learned not to censor myself because people may disagree with my views and what I believe is right or wrong. I will not censor myself! I will continue to share my thoughts, and opinions freely on my blog space. There is no reason for me to feel bad about talking about what my beliefs are as a Christian.

Sincerely, Melissa!

Verse Of The Day.*

“[Submission to the Authorities]
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”

^Ha. No, I did not plan this.. This is actually the verse of the day..

2 Lovely Comments:

cuddles said...

Hey sweetie! Chin up! Don't let the haters get to you. My attitude is "my blog, my story."

I'm not a Christian and certainly don't judge you for being one, nor do I judge you for having your own thoughts about Halloween. I knew that the link wouldn't interest me, so I didn't click on it. Perhaps other people need to get a grip? It's one thing to disagree with someone, it's quite another to attack someone.

Anyway, to each his (or her!) own! That's part of what makes this world of blogging so interesting!

Don't get stressed about it... as I was reminded today when I was upset about an incident at work, focus on taking care of baby and in the big scheme of things, the other stuff doesn't matter. :) xo

Anonymous said...

xox well said melissa! you have the right to say whatever you want about how u feel, think, or believe. Its not anyone else's opinion that matters anyways.