Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where Do You Stand?

I realize that I haven't really blogged about much lately.
I've decided it's time to get back to work, and blog blog blog!

To get back into the swing of things,
I've decided to blog about a something quite controversial.
(again)
Abortion.
Yay
or
Nay?

If you are a long time follower, you know where I stand.

Recently, I've come across many discussions between people who are
Pro-life, pro-choice, and pro-aborion.

Some of the statements I have ready literally left me shaking my head in disbelief!

"I am also sure that the majority of you people freely eat meat-- murder of animals-- what's the difference? I'm also sure that some of you people hunt, and personally kill animals"

WHAT?!
Did they REALLY just compare a human life to the life of an animal?
What kind of society do we live in where people can compare
a BABY to a DOG!

I also saw a bumper sticker once that said

"Pro-Family, Pro-Choice"

Anyone care to tell me what that means?
Because I am CLEARLY out of the loop on that one..

One of the biggest arguments out there is whether or not
a victim of rape should be given a choice to abort.
This is often the question that can turn someone from"pro-life" to "pro-choice".
The answer to this question comes straight from grade-school.
It's what you hear people telling their children on a day to day basis,
when teaching them right from wrong.

"Two wrongs, do not make a right"

Yup, it's that simple folks.
See, I didn't have to get all "preachy" that time!

Fact of the matter is,
whether created by rape, or consent, a child is STILL a child.
A child that deserves the life given to them by the grace of our God!
If a woman is raped, gives birth to the child, then murders the child, she is still a murderer.
She isn't exempted of charges because she was raped, or because that child was "unwanted".

Many people are blinded into thinking that a child conceived from rape, or by "accident" is less worthy of it's life, when he or she is just as worthy in the eyes of the Lord as a child planned by two loving parents.

Aborting a child conceived from rape, doesn't make the tragedy go away.

What are your thoughts?

Keep it Clean.


Thanks for reading, come back soon!
Photobucket

4 Lovely Comments:

Catherine said...

Hi!, I am a semi new follower.

In My Opinion - The only excuse for abortion is if the mother was in danger, and that, to me, is a stretch.

SydneyAyrn said...

I'm a brand spankin' new follower!

Before I got pregnant back in September of '08 I was completely against abortions. They appalled me and I looked down on women that had them... Then (and I'm completely not proud to admit this) when I got pregnant... I seriously freaked out and considered it. -Seriously-. I never wanted children. I was only 18. My soon-to-be-husband was heading to Marine Corps boot camp in a few months. I was just NOT ready. After a few weeks, I couldn't make up my mind. I remember getting an email from a friend with pictures of aborted fetuses and I broke down and cried....

Now my daughter is a healthy, spoiled 15 month old. Every day I look at her I can't help but get angry at myself for ever considering abortion.

Because of her, I am now completely and utterly against abortion. (I will have to admit, that I do have a friend whose 17 year old little sister just recently had an abortion... and I'm not mad at her... I just feel sorry for her and the guilt that I know she'll feel once she's older)

Chantal said...

I'm pro-choice. I think it's a woman's right to do as she wishes with her body. It doesn't mean that I ever would have an abortion, but I respect the choice that others make. I am against making abortions illegal, as well, for the safety of women - if they weren't legal, women would still be having abortions, but in unsafe conditions. Anyway, pro-choice!

Nicole said...

Hey, sorry I didn't respond sooner. As long as the product is being shipped to a US address you can enter :)