Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lessons In Forgiveness

There are often days when I find myself feeling hurt or angry because of things people have done in my life. Days where I wonder, what it truly means to forgive; and why it is a necessary part of life. Some days I feel consumed with anger, and tell myself that forgiveness is not an option!
Then, there are days where I hear about stories in the news, that make me wonder how any deed that horrible can be forgiven..
That is when I stop, thank the good Lord that I don't have to forgive anyone for anything nearly as bad as it could be, count my blessings, and forgive.

Every day we are faced with reminders of forgiveness. Have you noticed them lately?

"Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do." [Colossians 3:13]

2 Lovely Comments:

Goodnight moon said...

I think there are so many people in the world that thinks its way easier to continue hurting others, then to deal with their own demons. Sadly, this is true!

Hugs!!!!

To be able to forgive makes you a very strong person, and you have to have a strong heart to be able to do it!

Anonymous said...

I need to work on this one for sure!! What great insight you have my dear! I think you are kinder than kind of a person!