Yesterday morning while surfing the world wide web, I came across a really neat website with all sort of recipes and fun ideas. One recipe/idea that stuck with me was Pie in a jar. I had never heard of it, and only recently heart about cake in a jar, which surprisingly didn't get me all that excited. This pie idea though, it had me at the edge of my seat. And let tell you, I've never made pie before, so to be this excited about it meant I had to at least try it.
Later that day I dashed off to the store to buy some jars, and everything I needed to make these little tiny jars of deliciousness. By the way, I hate baking.![]() |
| 1/2 pint large mouth mason jars |
![]() |
| Getting the dough for the crust ready |
![]() |
| Cutting the pie tops with the jar lid |
![]() |
| Cherry & Blueberry pie filling ready to go! |
![]() |
| Starling to look yummy already! |
![]() |
| Lattice pie crust for the cherry - it's not perfect, but for my first try, I am happy with the result! |
![]() |
| Simple crust for the blueberry - glazed & sugared of course! |
I had 4 left over jars, so I quickly decided that single serving berry crumble was a must! |
![]() |
| Are you drooling yet? |
Hmm.. What to do with the small amounts of left over crust?
That's obviously a question for my mother-in-law!
Her wonderful suggestion was to make what she would prefer to be called 'Nuns Treats'.
![]() |
| They were DELICIOUS! The Mr. chowed them down before supper.. |
![]() |
| The final result of the pie! |
In total I made eight jars of pie, and four jars of berry crumble. Four of the eight pies made their way into the freezer for future baking, and everything else probably won't last very long! We haven't eaten any of the pie, or berry crumble yet, so I can't tell you if they taste as good as they look just yet. The crumble has just made it's way into the oven, and I can't wait to dig in!
“May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
-Psalm 19:14
-Psalm 19:14
















1 Lovely Comments:
These look delicious!! What a fun idea!
Post a Comment