Monday, September 15, 2008

Military!?

Today is the day! We are about to go downtown so Jonathan can sign his papers to join the Military. How do I feel about this? Uhm, a bit nervous, I just really don't know what to expect. I spoke with someone at the mall about it (They have a kiosk where you can ask questions etc. about the military) and he really made me feel better then I did about it,. After he signs the papers, it takes anwhere between 3-6 weeks for him to be sent too St Jean, Quebec, for his basic trainning for 14 weeks!!! 14 WEEKS! If he goes in with no problems in that time frame, he wont be home for our 2 year wedding anniversery or Christmas. I guess that's really what is upsetting. We've been told that there is absolutly no contact in those 14 weeks either, so no calls, emails, anything! We are hoping to have Bailee fully trainned by the time he leaves so that I wont have to worry about that. I have also spoken with my bosses about him going and if everything goes as planned I will take a few weeks off of work because I wont be able to DRIVE! I will be going for the test as soon as possible though.

Anyways! Thats all I have time for, I will try to write again tomorrow!
Thanks For all the pictures, Dave!

1 Lovely Comments:

Sophia said...

wow- I had no idea about this! Since when did Jon want to join the military? that is huge!
Scott is sleeping but I will have to tell him about it in the morning.

Congratulations, Jon for making such a big decision.