My plane was scheduled to leave Fredericton at 6:30am today, and land in Ottawa at 7:45am Ontario time. That did not happen. We left from Fredericton earlier then planed at 6:10, and landed in Ottawa at 9:05am (Ontario time). I clearly didn't mind though, I was so drained the I slept the entire way!
For some reason there was a plane delay to Montreal in Fredericton, so they put those passengers on with us, so we had a stop in Montreal for 20 minutes or so. So, that meant 2 take-offs, and 2 landings! At first when I found this out I kind of panicked a little. I hate landing. As much as a relief as it is to land safely, I still hate the feeling. However, as crazy as this is going to sound, once I got on the plane I was really looking forward to the take-off and landing! For some reason I got excited about it, and had to stop myself and think.. I guess because it has been such an emotional week, I thought the "excitement" would be fun.. ?! .. Yeah, I'm not sure I quite understand why I felt that way, but I am definitely happy to say that I am way more comfortable being on planes now.
As promised, Carolynn was waiting (very patiently - as always!) for me when I got off of the plane. We sat around for about 15 minutes or so by the time we realized that my luggage was NOT coming... Wait, didn't that happen last time? YES! I was not happy!
However, they have FINALLY ( 7 hours later - which is a lot better then the 4 days I had to wait last time!) located both of my bags, and they will be delivered sometime tonight.
We did some shopping to pick up a few things on the way "home sweet home". As soon as we entered the door, I put on some of Jonathan's PJ's (needless to say, they are a little too big!), and had a wonderful 2 hour nap. Carolynn had no pity on me, and had me decorate a beautiful Valentines day cake for my wonderful husband!
I still haven't spoken to him since Sunday night, he should be calling tonight, and he will find out tomorrow sometime if he is confined to base. As said before, I am praying that he can come home so we can spend Valentines day together, since he missed our 2 year wedding anniversary.
I do have some photo's to post, but the cord for my camera is in my luggage! (Go figure) so that will just have to wait!
Verse Of The Day
“Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”




0 Lovely Comments:
Post a Comment