In the early stages of my efforts at making the quilt, I was going to so something quite small, and this was my first Idea.

I wasn't very pleased with that pattern, so I made this one:

Then, I decided that I wanted something bigger! So I made the center and did the boarder, and worked by way around and in between that. It got pretty messy!!

In the end, this is the pattern I chose. Its not all filled in because I didn't want to cut any of the fabric until I knew exactly what I was doing. The pieces you see, were
pre-cut by my grandmother.

After I decided on the pattern, I had to soak the fabric in water and Vinegar, I thought it was a pretty cool photo-op!

After I had to hang the fabric to dry, and realized how fortunate I was to have this space :)
When the fabric dried, I started the long grueling process of doing the embroidery. When I signed up for this, I didn't realize how ambitious I was!
I have recently started pinning the fabric together :)
0 Lovely Comments:
Post a Comment