Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Update You Have All Been Waiting For!

Oh where should I start? So much has happened in such a little amount of time, that I can't even keep track of everything!!
Well, I got a part-time job working at Browns Manor B&B, and it just so happens to be right across the street (actually, according to google maps, its: 74 m – about 52 secs, away from my house.) I have only worked 2 days so far, doing odd jobs, and mainly housekeeping. In fact, I don't consider it a job at all! I consider it a way to get me out of the house. I really enjoy being there, and the couple that own it are really pleasant and nice to be around!

On my first day at work, I noticed a weird, more annoying then painful, cramping in my abdomen. I didn't think to much of it, and went about my work. On Friday (April 24th), I noticed it again, only worse this time. I got concerned and went into the Picton Hospital because we don't have a family doctor here. They thought it was my appendix, but everything seemed fine, so they sent me home and told me to take some Advil. The next morning, Jonathan surprised me at 6am by showing up in the bedroom doorway! I was quite pleased :) I was still sore, but managed to walk down to the Harbor Inn, while Jonathan was catching up on sleep, and got some breakfast for us. We spent the day out and about, as usual, and I was fine. Sunday morning, I wasn't so fine. We got up around 9, and he began to pack up his things and get ready for the long drive back to Meaford. I really wasn't feeling well, so he suggested that I go back to the hospital. I agreed, and of course he was sad that he couldn't be there with me.
After he left, I went in and again, they thought it was my appendix, so they did test, and stole my blood (I was not to happy about this!). I was there for about 3 hours, laying in pain, and the doctor said, "well you seem fine!, here are some antibiotic's IN CASE you have some sort of infection.." Gee, thanks!! So I went home, and the pain eventually went away. Monday everything seemed fine (I hadn't yet taken the pills I was prescribed), I was out all day walking around town and enjoying the wonderful weather! I got some fantastic news regarding a bunch of different things, so I spoiled myself and ordered a pizza! (I cannot remember the last time I had PIZZA!). I ate around 6pm, then watched a movie, and cleaned up a little bit. Around 9 o'clock I started feeling a little nauseous, and close to 10 I lost my dinner. I clearly wasn't feeling the best so I went to bed. I woke up the next morning (yesterday) at 6am (which NEVER happens)(EVER) I was still feeling quite sick to my stomach, but I was also really sore again, and could barely even walk.
I almost called for an ambulance, then I really thought about it... If I called, then all of my neighbors (a.k.a, ALL of Picton) would have been standing around watching, and I was in NO mood to shower, let alone put my make-up on!! So I crawled around and got dressed (Poorly!), fumbled around and called for a taxi. I had to basically sit on my behind while going down the stairs, then I had walk to the road to get into the cab, which normally takes me 2 seconds, but it took me about 4 minutes to hobble my way over. I got in, and as usual I got the same drive, who felt the need to tell me that I didn't look so well.. ha! When I got to the hospital I waited in triage for a good 8 minutes or so, then as soon as I saw the nurse, I was put in a room (I guess I did look pretty bad?!) The doctor came in and poked my stomach until I was in even more pain. When he was finished, I asked if I could have something to eat. He said that I wasn't allowed to eat anything until they knew what was going on. I then asked for a glass of water, because I was really weak! (I hadn't eaten anything since the night before, and the food hadn't even stayed in long) He said no. I asked if I could rinse my mouth, and he said no! He didn't trust me to rinse my mouth, he thought I would lie a drink it! I would never! Because of all my complaining they decided to give me an I.V. OUCH! She poked around for at least 3 minutes before finding the right vein - why does that always happen to me? Another nurse came in and stole more blood (Yes, that means MORE needles!) At this point I am not afraid to say that I was screaming and crying in pain. They wouldn't even give me Tylenol! (I understand why they don't but I knew from the beginning it was not my appendix that was the issue!) I had asked, and then had to harass the nurses to call Leslie (Jonathan's Aunt) and ask her to come down, because I was alone, but they didn't! Finally they brought me a phone book and told me to call her, and just as I found the number she walked in :) I was quite pleased to see her face after being alone for so long. The doctor came in soon after and said that I was being transferred to the Belleville hospital. Leslie drove me so that I wouldn't have to go in an ambulance, which she described as "ridding in a wheelbarrow". We got there around 1pm and I was taken in almost immediately, after sitting down for a few minutes next to a weird guy who wouldn't stop talking about nothing!
I was put in a room, and the doctor was in even before the nurse was. He poked my tummy and raised a few eyebrows, then sent me off to get an ultrasound. I was in the ultrasound room for quite some time, while Leslie waiting patiently in one of the waiting rooms. We waited around for the results, and we found out that I had a ruptured ovarian cyst. Not cool. I was happy that I didn't need any type of surgery, and even happier when I was brought a glass of water and a Tylenol! They told me I could leave, but I have to go back and see the doctor on Monday to make sure everything is fine. With a ruptured cyst you get extremely terrible back and neck pains, which are brutal, at this point my neck hurts more then my stomach does, and that still really hurts too! I got prescribed some Tylenol 3 and some anti-inflammatory (-I think!). I slept really well last night after the long and hectic day, and I'm feeling pretty good today, minus the neck & back pain. I took a Tylenol yesterday around 8pm, and haven't needed it until... right about NOW. So I'd say I am doing pretty good!
I came to the Willows last night, to stay with Don & Leslie to make sure I have someone around if I need them.
Thank you to everyone who was concerned and prayed for me :) and thank you especially to Leslie who put up with my whining all day yesterday :P



This is kind of irrelevant, but this is Charley Gibson's new home :) Its bigger, and he seems to enjoy it! haha, I told Carolynn that he told me that he was more content there, and I think she bought it!!!!!! (Obviously I am kidding - haha)

The picture at the top is my lovely Gerbera Daisy plant, I got at Easter. It was taken by Jonathan.

“I know that my Redeemer lives,

and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.”

(Job 19:25)

^Amen!!


2 Lovely Comments:

cuddles said...

Oh my goodness! That must have been scary for you to go through! The hospital staff sound like they are absolutely horrid! I'm glad you're feeling better.

The Mrs. said...

It was extremely scary, not to mention brutally painful!! The hospital staff was actaully really nice, I didn't mean to make them sound rude :S Most actually went out of their way to make me comfortable, which was really nice. It was just that one nurse who wouldnt't call Leslie for me, but other then that, I am sure I was a huge pain in the neck for her because I kept using the nurse call because I wanted things!! hhaha!