This morning I had another prenatal appointment, only the catch this time, is that I have a new doctor that I had never met! Luckily, Jonathan and I both really liked him. He checked the baby's heartbeat, and checked the height of my uterus - which had never been done by my other doctor! He also confirmed that my due date is right, and that I am as far along as I think I am! (Which is 24 weeks and 3 days - not that I keep track or anything!)
He was very nice and I think we will be quite happy with him. When we left he handed Jonathan a ton of pamphlets, magazines and free samples of baby stuff. In the samples was a small newborn size pampers diaper. Its SO tiny! I was reading the package and realized that the diaper is made specifically for newborns, and comes a lot lower then regular ones so that it does not touch the umbilical cord. Im glad someone thought of that because I sure as heck didn't! I guess there are certain things that you only learn when you become pregnant, or a mother!
Today we also had to take a visit to the Vet clinic. Nope, not for the kitten! We actually had to give the kitten up because she was a little to playful to the point where she became violent. We thought it was best to send her to a new home where there was another cat for her to play with, and so we did.
So why the vet visit? Well..

How can you say "no" to this face? Jon obviously couldn't! - Not that I mind! Meet Harleigh (Harley is just to masculine!) She is our 8 week old, Boxer/American Bulldog mix. As you can see, she is all white apart from the small brindle dot on her right ear. I am honestly amazed at how much she has learned in just a few days! the house training is going really well, and she listens to certain commands already! She even knows her name already.
We are starting very early to make her aware of the baby, and she already knows that she has to stay out of the baby's room. Like I said, I am truly amazed.
She even did really well at the Vet today! She got her shots, and didn't even flinch - She was too busy eating her treats! She even had her temperature taken - the unpleasant way - and didn't budge! Even the Veterinarian was impressed. Overall, we are really happy with her!
Yesterday Dave, Carolynn & William (Jonathan's parents and younger brother) drove from Ottawa to come visit. We had my homemade lasagna for dinner, and I have to brag, it was delicious! (Of course I have to thank Elizabeth for all her help with that - She came over a few weeks ago and helped me prepare a bunch of meals to freeze, they included the lasagna and Shepherd's pie!)
We had a really great afternoon, and evening together, and I must say, it was really nice to have family finally over for a quiet supper! The puppy really enjoyed all the attention too.
Before they came over yesterday, Jonathan and I took the pup out for a walk, and Jon got some really great shots - as always! You can also see my 24 week large baby bump, which I am quite fond of!
Verse Of The Day.*
“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God,
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
Ps. Don't forget to comment, by clicking "Comment" below!






6 Lovely Comments:
This post was such a joy to read. :) I think I have read it 3 times so far and decided I can close this page with out writing a little comment! Im still so thrilled that your having a baby girl, And now that you heard that tiny little heart beat you must be incredibly excited! I know the first time i heard Chloes I cried. It was truly amazing! Your so blessed to have a little princess on the way. And to be such a beauiful pregnant woman. I seen the pictures and You have a perfect baby bump :) And damn it! Your lucky to be showing so much. I was like half your size at this point.. hehe! Im sure your the size I was when I gave birth! And dont take that as a insult.Your lucky to have a nice big belly :) Its beautiful to be pregnant so why not show it off.. I love you! and good luck to the both of you! And jon if your reading this.. You better let Melissa tell me the name of the baby! hehe I dont know what Ill do, But ill think of something:P
Im out for now. god bless xox!
And p.s The pictures are Beautiful! Good job Jon, I dont know anyone who could take such amazing picturs! Your like a professional:) I swear im not sucking up to maybe possibly know the name of your daughter.. I wouldnt do someting like that!:P lol
Thanks so much Samantha :)
We have actually heard the heartbeat before through ultrasounds, but it was never measured or checked by my own doctor, which was a little frustrating.
I adore my baby bump too, and I am glad I can show it off lol.
I read to Jon what you said and he laughed, and said Thanks, but no way! haha :)
Take Care hun, Miss you! <3
I'm going to *try* to leave a comment, but these days I'm usually unsuccessful at actually getting it posted. :(
You're totally rocking the baby bump! You look fantastic! And Harleigh is a complete doll. I'm glad things are working out with her.
It sounds like you've really settled into your new home. I'm so happy for you!
Thanks for the update! Take care!
puppy is cute,
you look great,
and tell your friend can stop wondering the baby's name.
We all know it's Sophia.
;)
Thanks Sophie,
However, I hate to burst your bubble, but your not even close! It starts with an A! :D
Post a Comment