Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Verse Of The Day.*

“Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”

4 Lovely Comments:

Sophia said...

how fun to be getting to get baby's room ready. :)
We used my brother's kids crib so I never got to chose that, but what can ya do..it was free!! lol

Please don't be mad, I am going to be honest here.

crib #1 is nice looking.
i don't like that it doesn't have an underdrawer (for storing extra crib sheets, pillow cases and whatever else you want nearby for bed or whatever...)
but if it's even more than #2, I would guess it is probably too much and you can find something similar for less...

Crib #2 I hate.
lol..sorry!
#1, you wouldn' be able to attach a musical toy (think night soothing things, like a fisher price fish tank, a mirror, whatever, there are all kinds...) because of the thick wall- it needs rails to grab those things and putting it on the ends isn't really practical, bc then baby can't look at them while trying to sleep.
#2, when baby is laying in there, picture what they will be looking at. a solid wall. they can't see out into the room which might be a little scary for them; Alaina likes to drop toys and stuff out of hers and she looks at her 'fish' (it's a dolphin but she says fish) nightlight...lol


As far as wanting a convertible one, I do not know 1 person who has ever used it past the toddler bed phase, if they got that far. Either they do have another kid, or their taste has changed for their kids' room, bc face it, we all like variety, right?? hehe
So I wouldn't necessarily look for that feature, myself.... and I read a review about #2 that said they had a hard time finding a mobile to fit on that side railing. something else to think about.

My advice would be, don't by anything yet, go to a couple of stores (like babiesrus or whatever,) and talk to the people there... which maybe you have already done.lol

just my 2cents.. :)

I will do some hunting and I'll come back with what I find....

The Mrs. said...

Sophie,

The only reason we are even considering crib #1 is because we wouldn't have to pay for it right away. We don't like it, but would be willing to "settle" to help us out financially.

As for the second, we have already put together a list of pro's and con's, and in the end we still favor this one. We had already also discussed that we wouldn't be putting a mobile on it, and if we did, I was told that it could easily attach to either side.

We have done a ton of shopping around, and we like this one best!

kayla said...

side so if they look over they can see those things and not an empty bedroom, which i think would be just as scary...also I found some mobiles that you can hang from the ceiling if you cant attach one to the crib itself..also i liek that it seems deeper where the baby lays in like she couldnt just stan up and nearly fall out...it looks like a much sturdier of a structure...and its gorgeous!

its a personal preference and if you like number 2 better than it shouldn't matter what other people think of it...you have great taste and will get the one you think is best for your baby:) annnnnnd I love it.

***Kayla *** said...

Melissa!!!

baby crib!!! so exciting! I love crib number 2!! I would get one just like it when i have a baby of my own! I like that it doesnt have too many bars like a prison cell!...the second one seems more solid and like it would last for years for maybe baby #2?;) I think as far as not being able to see out and them being frightened I think you can buy little fisherprice toys to attach to the side so if they look over they can see those things and not an empty bedroom, which i think would be just as scary...also I found some mobiles that you can hang from the ceiling if you cant attach one to the crib itself..also i liek that it seems deeper where the baby lays in like she couldnt just stan up and nearly fall out...it looks like a much sturdier of a structure...and its gorgeous!