Jonathan and I have started our journey into choosing furniture for the baby's room, and we have kind of hit a road block!
Everyone keeps telling us to get a second hand one, because we wont need it forever, and nowadays they are expensive to buy brand new, but what isn't?
We decided that we want to buy a new convertible crib. Why? Well.. it converts into 3 or 4 beds! So why not? How much money do people spend on cribs, then toddler beds, then twin beds, and so on?! Probably a fortune! Another argument people had was, that we couldn't use the same crib with a second child.. Valid point, but we would have to buy a bigger bed later on down the road. Why not have the child keep the same bed while growing up? We like the idea, and it works for us!
These are the two cribs we are currently looking at:
This one is from the Military Canex, so we wouldn't have to pay for it right away. However, it costs $200 more then the other, and we would have to buy the kit to convert it for another $125.. hmm

This is the second one. We both like this one more, and like I said, its $200 less. We have the option to buy the kit to convert it for $129, but I was reading the reviews on it, and someone said that you don't have to, and that you could use standard bed rails that most beds have.
Its actually only $100 less, but its on sale until the 25th, so we'd save another $100!
I guess when looking at it this way, our decision seems pretty obvious. However, we didn't want to purchase one this soon.. Oh well! I'll let you know what we decide.
I guess when looking at it this way, our decision seems pretty obvious. However, we didn't want to purchase one this soon.. Oh well! I'll let you know what we decide.What are you opinions on the cribs? Which one would you pick?


Once we get the crib, we are going to look into purchasing a dresser/changing center to match. I was stunned to find out that most sell for much more then the actual cribs so, and they aren't even solid wood like the cribs! Bummer.. Oh well, we will find something!
Verse Of The Day.*
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”






4 Lovely Comments:
We have convertible cribs for both my kiddos. E-Man is in his double bed now and we just used a regular bed frame for it too. I like the second picture...I wanted to get that style but my hubby didn't really care for it :) Good luck with picking!! Oh and your puppy is too cute!
Thanks for your input! We both favor the second one, so its really no guess at this point which one we will pick! :)
hey I wrote you a reeeeally long reply last night. did you see it? not sure what happened...
Hey, yeah I got it, you posted in on the blog post before lol,
http://jmmcnair.blogspot.com/2009/09/verse-of-day.html
Post a Comment