Monday, October 5, 2009

More Baby Furniture Decisions!

We have yet to decide on a freaking crib! We actually decided to completely ditch that last two we were looking at because the prices were a bit ridiculous. We have found two more that we really like - and again, cannot decide! They are exactly the same price, and much cheaper then the previous ones we looked at, yet pretty similar!

Crib #1
Sophie, you will notice I choose a very similar one to the one you hated BUT as you can see, there is more space to see out of. A very nice compromise if I do say so myself!

Here are some of the features for Crib #1

  • Includes 4-in-1 convertible crib
  • Rails convert all full size cribs into full size beds
  • 100% wood construction
  • Durable solid pine wood construction
  • Adjustable to 4 level position full metal mattress support as your child grows
  • No moving parts allows for a safer crib for you and your baby
  • Child safe, non-toxic finish
Crib #2
I originally wanted a crib that had a curve for the headboard (is it actually called a headboard?), but I really liked this design too! It makes a beautiful full size bed frame as well.
The features are basically the same as the first.


So now its really just a matter of preference, because the price wont change either way! They are from the same company and offer the same things. Which one do you like better & why?

These are 2 of the dressers/changing stations we like. They are both solid wood. You can obviously tell which one is more expensive - but not by much at all! They are also both cheaper then the cribs, which is a big change from the last sets we liked!

I like the fact that one is longer, and has the drawer space, whereas the other only has shelving.
I think getting both would be a bit much (not that I'd mind!). The more expensive one seems more practical for later use, but I still love the other one too! Opinions? (Obviously I would get everything in a matching stain!)..


3 Lovely Comments:

cuddles said...

When we were choosing BB's crib, I went to the store and shook, rocked, and rattled all of the cribs. From there, we chose the one that did not budge - most of them felt so cheap, even the pretty ones. I was worried that when BB grew older and started thrashing and throwing tantrums in his crib that it would fall apart. I am happy with the sturdiness of the crib we chose, but I wish we had ordered a nice dark colour like the ones you're looking at. However, everyone was too impatient to wait. :)

We also got the 4 in 1; however, it's looking like we won't be using it for anything other than a crib and then a headboard/footboard, since BN2 will be using it as a crib shortly, and then (s)he will end up sharing it as a bed with BB for a few years!

Oh, and one other note, your crib will be really pretty when you first buy it, but once your baby uses the ends as a teether, it won't look so pretty anymore. ;o)

Good luck with choosing. They're all beautiful!

xx

p.s. I finally put up a new post today on my blog! Your timing on your comment was perfect! :)

Sophia said...

lol great compromise, Melissa.
They're both pretty, but I think that #1 is nice bc it's a little different than most cribs....
oh, and about how babies chew on the rails when they teeth, you can buy a plastic cover guard thing (babiesrus sells it) that will protect the wood, and baby from eating wood bits!

The Mrs. said...

Thanks guys!

Good to have your approval Sophie :) And thanks for the tips about the chewing and how to prevent it guys!
I had no idea babies would do that. Certainly good to know!