Why is it that in every book I read, somewhere it mentions something about a
"Pregnancy Glow"?
I am well into my 6th month, and I have yet to see this wonderful glow.
I am beginning to think its made up to make pregnant women feel better about.. well.. growing, and the changes ones body goes through.
Well.. Hearing about the "Glow" does not make me fell better, because it is non-existent!
Lately I've been struggling with skin problems. I was told by my doctor
(and read a few places)
that using certain cleansers or anything medicated on your skin may have some affect on the baby. Anything you put onto your skin is absorbed, and goes into your blood stream, and could eventually get to the baby.
Better safe then sorry right?
And if that I means I go without certain things, I am fine with that!
My complexion has never been perfect, so my doctor told me to use a mild soap..
Bad Idea!
This only made matters way worse. I was not only breaking out, but I was really red, and my spots got swollen.
Ugh.
I tried using several kinds of make-ups to cover up the mess, but it all seemed pointless.
I even had a make-up consultant come to my house to help!
She however, was useless, and made me feel worse by repeatedly saying
"Wow, your skin is really bad!"
and
"It almost seems hopeless!".
Yes, I did want to punch her in the face, but I am assuming that would have been a very bad thing to do.
After she left (She is lucky I didn't kick her out!), I pretty much cried.
When Jon got home from work, he could see that I was upset and hurt. When a complete stranger can say those things to your face, you start to wonder what people are thinking and keeping to themselves!
He decided to take me to Shoppers Drug Mart, so I could sit down with someone and actually get help. With the sales person, I was able to find a gentle Aveeno cleanser, without any soaps. I used it that night and it immediately helped! The redness and swelling disappeared right away. She also helped me pick out some heavy duty foundation - by Cover FX, and a loose powder made by Physicians Formula. I must say, these made a huge difference just in the way I see myself. I feel like I don't have to use a ton of make-up - which only made matters worse.
Now, I don't dread doing my make-up to go out :) It's wonderful, really!









2 Lovely Comments:
Yea! I would of kicked her sorry butt out! But seriously Your beautiful no matter what!! And you should know that! I love you Loads and bunches! xoxoxo!!
Well Sam, I certainly wanted to! However, I didn't have her nerve! And thank you!
Post a Comment