A few months ago (I say a few, but it was more like 7 or 8), I decided to keep myself busy while Jonathan was away, by quilting. I had the fabric, and nothing but time! I didn't want to accidentally ruin the fabric I had for the quilt, so I decided to buy more fabric and start out small with a quilted baby blanket. (This was actually before I found out I was pregnant, perfect timing or what?
I got started, then slowly stopped. It came to a dead halt when we moved, and the movers broke the sewing machine that Jonathan's, aunt Leslie gave me. Bummer..
I guess Jon got fed up of staring at the fabric, half embroidered, half quilted and full of pins, because he decided to get me a new sewing machine!
I finally set it up yesterday, played around with it for a bit, then got to work. The baby blanket is pretty much all quilted, except for a few details. All that is left is the boarder. I was a bit panicky about that because I have NO idea how to even choose a type of boarder, let alone actually do it! Luckily, I asked
Sophie, and she had an answer for me! Thanks Sophie! Now that I know what I am doing, I just have to get the right fabric, and finish it. I thought it would take days and days to finish, but I only worked on it for a few hours yesterday :) It should be finished in no time, and then I can start the actual quilt. - I will make sure to post pics soon!
Lately Jonathan and I have been going back and fourth on how to actually spell the puppy's name. I say Harleigh, he says Harley.
I think Harley is too masculine for a girl, he thinks Harleigh sounds like Harlay (What?!). So I am asking for honest opinions.
Harleigh OR Harley?
The name Harley \
ha(r)-ley\, also used as girl's name Harley, is pronounced HAR-lee. It is of Old English origin, and its meaning is "hare meadow; the long field". May also possibly mean "rocky meadow" or "eaglemeadow".Harley has 7 variant forms: Arlea, Arleigh, Arley, Harlea, Harlee, Harleigh and Harly.
The name Harleigh \
ha-rlei-gh, har-leigh\, also used as girl's nameHarleigh, is a variant of Harley (Old English), and the meaning of Harleigh is "hare meadow; the long field".
The name Harleigh sounds like, Harlee and Harlea.
Verse Of The Day.*
“I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”
(Psalm 40:8)
2 Lovely Comments:
Harleigh, definitely. :)
I really like the new blog theme too. :)
Take care! xx
Haha, thanks :)
Post a Comment