I am finding it very hard to believe that 3 [wonderful] years have passed since the day Jonathan and I said our vows. At 18, people tell you that you are crazy for deciding to spend the rest of your life with someone, that it's impossible to know what love is at such a young age. Today, 3 years later, I find myself still happy, and madly in love with that same amazing person.
"What makes it work? Knowing exactly what makes each other tick.
Sure, things haven't always been perfect, but what marriage is? Jonathan and I have certainly had our fair share of struggles, but at the end of the day, there is nobody I would rather spend the rest of my life with!
Walking down that aisle and seeing that smile on Jonathan's face made me feel like a princess. Not seeing a drop of sweat on his forehead, made it even better. I still remember spilling tea all over my gown and getting that "I told you so" look from Jonathan, the same one I now get on a very regular basis. I can even still hear the joy in my voice when I said "my husband" for the first time.
About a year ago, I was asked about being married so young, and how we made it work. I replied:
Walking down that aisle and seeing that smile on Jonathan's face made me feel like a princess. Not seeing a drop of sweat on his forehead, made it even better. I still remember spilling tea all over my gown and getting that "I told you so" look from Jonathan, the same one I now get on a very regular basis. I can even still hear the joy in my voice when I said "my husband" for the first time.
About a year ago, I was asked about being married so young, and how we made it work. I replied:
"What makes it work? Knowing exactly what makes each other tick.
We rarely agree on anything, and argue a lot; but we go about it in a mature way. We realize that marriage is a 2 way street, and both people have feelings. We compromise a lot, and sometimes I don't agree with something he wants, but I let him get his way, knowing that when he doesn't always agree with me, sometimes he will give me the benefit of the doubt.
We know that arguing is normal, and it doesn't make us weird, or not fit for each other.
Marriage is a whole lot of work, but if you do all you can to make it work, every second is worth it! I wouldn't change a thing about my life!"

We know that arguing is normal, and it doesn't make us weird, or not fit for each other.
Marriage is a whole lot of work, but if you do all you can to make it work, every second is worth it! I wouldn't change a thing about my life!"
Looking back now on that answer today, I definitely don't think there was a better answer for me/us.
I stand firm with my beliefs on marriage and I thank the Lord every single day that I wake up with Jonathan by my side.
Happy 3 year wedding anniversary, Jonathan. Thank you for being my husband, and my best friend!

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.




2 Lovely Comments:
Ok, totally cheezy but I definatly cried! I am so happy for the both of you and I LOVE your answer to that Questions!! Hope you both had a good day!!
Haha, Thanks Rana. We both had a great day!
Post a Comment