Regarding my previous post, Ive received a few comments, emails and messages having to do with the link I shared. Apparently the reason I posted it was misunderstood.
I posted that particular link because it was the one website I could find to have all the symbolic meanings behind what we know as Halloween. It has absolutely nothing to do with the authors opinions as to what Christians should, or should not do, because like I stated in the post, I do not believe as Christians, or any religion whatsoever, that we can tell people what is right or wrong.
So, if you must, completely disregard the link when reading my personal blog post regarding MY opinions on Halloween.
I sincerely apologize if by any chance the link has offended anyone, this was not intention.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Hmm, Maybe I Should Have Better Explained Myself?
With Love, The Mrs. at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 Lovely Comments:
there are many topics that can become 'hot issues' once you add a religion/faith element.
I have wrestled with some hot topics (as I am sure you have read on my blog) :) and I have talked to some respected people whom I trust to evaluate my feelings.
Yes, Christians are to love one another. That does not mean you are to ACCEPT everything the world says is ok.
When in doubt, read your Bible, google phrases that will give you relevant references for whatever the circumstance you are grappling, and talk to your pastor or another Christian whom you trust.
Assuming the statements are accurate and true, I actually didn't find anything disagreeable with the link you posted.
It doesn't seem that the author there is standing on a soapbox screaming from the rooftops why people are going to hell.
I see a Christian, telling other Christians reasons to not participate. (and we went to a party at our church this year- I am still grappling with this issue myself)......
But let me ask you this:
If a Christian doesn't have a right to say what is right or wrong, what do you say about abortion?
-Sometimes what we have to say about these tough issues isn't always going to be the most well received. Respect other peoples feelings but always be true to the Lord and to yourself; that's what's most important. :)
Sophie,
Your comment is truly appreciated, and it makes me feel a lot better.
Fact of the matter is, this is my personal blog space, to share my own thoughts opinions etc. so I certainly wont stop voicing how I feel because a few people disliked the link I shared.
I agree with all of your comments 110%. As for the abortion comment, point WELL made!
You have certainly made me feel better about standing behind my opinion on Halloween as a Christian, despite what other people have to say about it. :)
Thanks :)
Post a Comment