Monday, November 23, 2009

November 23rd

Lately it seems like this exhaustion is getting the best of me. I can't seem to get enough sleep, no matter how early I go to bed, or how late I wake up. Yesterday and today I found myself taking 3 hour naps. Is that even still considered a nap? Even after a 3 hour "nap" I find, I am still forcing myself to open my eyes and get up, and then even for a few hours after I am completely useless. It seems Harleigh shares my exhaustion today. She has been asleep since we got home around 11:30 this morning.


We made a split second decision to spend the weekend in Ottawa on Friday night, and left first thing Saturday morning. (I am going to go ahead and say that this weekend played a huge roll in my exhaustion) I assumed we would be leaving at around 10am, but to my dismay Jonathan's alarm went off at 6am. Really, Jonathan? I managed to stay in bed until 6:15 when he decided it would be funny to take the blankets & pillows away from me. I was not happy. However, I did manage to sleep the whole 2 hours to Ottawa. I had intended to go to bed early that night, because we planned on going to church the next morning, but of course, that didn't happen, and I ended up going to bed late. I woke up the next morning, and got up to get ready for church. Just as I finished getting ready and got my purse and sweater ready at the door, Carolynn told us that church had been cancelled due to a gas leak. Of course! I ended up napping on the couch most of the day, even though it wasn't that satisfying of a nap.
I guess our next mistake was deciding to drive home from Ottawa this morning, and make it to my prenatal apt. by 10:20. We left at around 7:30 to try and beat the Ottawa traffic, and made it with 40 minutes to spare. Needless to say, I will certainly be sleeping in tomorrow morning!

My prenatal appointment went really well. I was told that I needed to get my iron up, so I have to start taking some iron supplements. I also found out that my blood type is O positive! I had no idea, Ha. As for the baby, she is doing really well. Her heart rate is still really good, and the fact that she basically never stops kicking is a great sign. According to the last ultrasound, she is weighing around 4.5 lbs, which is average for 33 weeks. He told me that she could possibly double in weight by the time I deliver, and then it may cause some problems due to the size of my pelvis. He said all we could do is wait and see for now! I have my next appointment in 2 weeks, and he said that anytime the baby wants to come after that, they wont try and stop the labor. After that I will have my once a week appointments until she comes!



0 Lovely Comments: