Grr on you, Blogger!!!
Okay, so I am pretty annoyed with blogger right now! You would think that they would make it easy for you to protect your blog, and allow you to password protect it so that only certain viewers can access it. However, that is not the case!
There is the option of sending out email requests to those I want to allow access, however this requires them to log in every time, and to set up a google account with their current email address. I went through the steps of setting up an account through another email, and it works just fine, but I can see how it could be difficult for people who are unfamiliar with google accounts, or computers in general. Plus there are people that are uncomfortable with making agoogle account because of not knowing what its full purpose is. This really frustrates me. I can't even contact blogger about this concern! I am almost tempted to just find a new blog host, and start all over, but I really don't want to.
To those who I have sent email requests too, I ask that you at least try to accept it, by following the steps I have posted below.
I promise it's not as painful as it sounds, or seems. Creating an account with google will not change anything with your email account, and does not entitle you to have further action with google accounts, it will simple just allow you to log in too view my blog!
I have currently removed the privacy settings, so it will allow anyone to view the blog. I have also changed other settings that will not allow my blog to be searched through search engines, such as google. I don't mind if other bloggers put my blog in their blog list, it is not a concern of mine if "friends of friends" can view my blog, I just don't want my blog to be found in random, or not so random searches...
(If you have not received an email request to view the blog, that means I don't have your email address, or I am unaware that you view my blog! Contact me with your email address, and I will send the request!)
Here are the steps as promised:
1. Go to your email, and retrieve the email request that was sent from blogger (Request from Mr & Mrs. OR Mr. & amp : Mrs.), there will be 2 links in the email, to accept the invite, click the longest one.
2. It will bring you too a page that looks like this:
3. You can continue as a guest - With the link provided in the email, you can access the blog for 30 days as a guest. However, to keep viewing it freely after the 30 days you have to follow the next steps.
4. This is the better option to have access to view. Where is says username & password, click the "Lost It?" link.
5. It will then bring you to a page that will allow you to put in a blog title or an email address. Enter your email address in the appropriate place.
6. It will bring you to this page, where you have to enter the code to "recover password". When finished click "recover password"
7. It will then tell you that your username was not found (unless you actually already have an account!!)
You will have 3 "click here" options as shown on the image. Click the second one to "finish registering"
8. You will then be brought to this page. Fill in the blanks, accept the terms of service & create account.
9. After all these steps have been completed you will receive an activation email. Go to the email to confirm the activation.
Then you can go back to the original email, and click the invite link, enter your username & password. Then your done!




0 Lovely Comments:
Post a Comment