Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Motivation..

Or lack there of...?

Lately I've found myself wanting to do more things; These things require a certain amount of motivation. The problem? The motivation never comes at the right time! I have a list of things that I want to do, but I fear I will never succeed 100% because I know I don't have all the time required to do these things. Knowing I won't completely finish something really doesn't make me want to jump up and even attempt to try. Lame? I know.
Here is list/reminder to myself of the things that I want to do & need to do.
1) I need to bond more with Harleigh.
These past few weeks, I've realized that I haven't been giving her the attention she needs & deserves. I guess I got so caught up with 'baby', that I've neglected her needs. This started even before Alivia was born. I got so wrapped up in the baby's needs, that poor little Harleigh was pushed aside. Well, it's time to step up & give her the attention we promised her when we brought her home.

2) Attack the spare room.
Why are we storing stuff in there? That's what the basements for! Ugh.. That room has been anything but the guest room that it's supposed to be! With a possible house guest for the entire summer, (Yippee!) I think it's time to get it sorted and ready!

3) Play the piano more!
This is something I've been putting off for so long now. I can't actually remember the last time I sat down with the intention to play. I played daily in new Brunswick when Jon left for basic training, but when I moved back to Ontario, the piano and I went our separate ways for quite sometime, and I seem to have lost all interest. Boo. I've always thought that people with dust on their piano keys were downright mad! I mean who could own such a beautiful creation, and just stare at it? I'll be honest; I could stare at a pianos beauty for hours, but that's just because I'm weird! Seriously though, I used to open up the piano up as much as I possibly could, just to stare at it's amazing beauty. Let's not kid ourselves here, I obviously have a sick obsession with pianos.. Moving on...

4) have all the laundry done.
At any given time, no matter how many loads of laundry I do, there is always a pile! I intend to get it all done, once and for all... When I find the time..

5) Finish Alivia's nursery to my standards.
I think it's beautiful as it is, but something is missing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I am hoping to figure it out soon. Could it be that her bedding is still missing? I hope so. It's still in Picton, waiting for us to go and rescue it from Sophie; She is holding it hostage so that we'll have to bring the baby to see her, haha.

6) Walk more.
For more then one reason! a) I really need the exercise! b) To get Harleigh out of the house more.

7) Eat healthy.
I shouldn't really have to explain this one. I love junk food. It's my best friend. Enough said.

8) Make money doing something I enjoy.
Believe it or not, I have a lot of hidden talents! I want to find an easy hobby that can bring in a few dollars here and there. So far I've had a ton of idea's on how to do this, I just have been lacking the motivation (Ha!) to actually get anything really going. I'll think of something!

9) Read more.
When I got pregnant I just stopped reading. My morning sickness was so bad, that just looking at words in a book made me sick to my stomach. I haven't touched a book since.

10) Enjoy the little things. This one is self explanatory.

1 Lovely Comments:

Sophia said...

wow that is quite a list!
Putting it into writing (or text in this case) does make a person feel more accountable, doesn't it?

So here is my summary of how you can 'do it all':

you can either:
get paid to:
read a book, play the piano, or walk Harleigh....
uhh...
play the piano while enjoying the little things....
.hmmm....organize your spare room while the laundry is working...
eat a healthy snack while DRIVING to PICTOn bc you are right; I will have to hold Alivia in order to give up her bedding to you.
hahaaa