Friday, March 5, 2010

You're Only As 'Old' As You Feel!

The other night I was asked how old I am, and my mind literally went blank. I actually had no idea, and said "I don't know!". After some quick math, I said "21.. I think..". HOW does a person forget their age? I mean, really..
After Jonathan and I got married when I was 18, age just became a number on my health card, or my drivers licence. It literally means nothing to me anymore. A lot of people could easily say that the only reason I don't care about my age is because I'm still "young". They could be right, but honestly I just really don't care! Maybe it's because I chose the path I took rather then path everyone else took at my age? The people I have the most in common with are years older then me & I barely have anything in common with people my age. Shortly after we got married a friend asked me if I felt like I grew up to fast. The answer is no. I did everything by choice, and only when I knew I was ready. That certainly doesn't mean this is how I pictured my life when I was younger; every girl dreams of falling in love, getting married & having kids, I know I did! However I definitely did not expect it to happen so quickly. I was extremely lucky to have met my soul mate when I was in high school, and I feel blessed to know that he will be by my side no matter how "old" I get! As for being a "young" mother, I see it as a wonderful blessing! I am truly blessed to be where I am at my age, and to have a wonderful husband & daughter. I could have never pictured my life like this, but now I could never picture my life any other way..

0 Lovely Comments: