Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day! ^

Today is my very first mothers day, and I must say, this feeling of joy is overwhelming.

Today, I have also decided to share something, that very few people know. This is something that we (Jonathan & I) have kept mostly to ourselves, and something most family has no idea about. I don't know why we decided to stay quiet about it for so long, or why I even feel the need to share it now, but I do.

Three and a half years ago when we got married, we knew that we both wanted children. It had been something we both talked about for a long time. We decided to leave it in God's hands, and we did.
After 6 months of marriage, nothing happened. This is when I started to become concerned. We waited it out and found out that sometimes it can take over a year.
A year passed, and still nothing.
I went to see my doctor while we were living in New Brunswick in Summer 2008, and he was determined to "get to the bottom of this".
I got a call in mid December and finally got an appointment to see a fertility specialist on February 15th 2009.
I was scheduled to move back to Ontario February 12th. Needless to say, I couldn't go to the appointment.
Jonathan had already left for Basic training, and we knew that Battle school was looming around the corner, so I just gave up.
After all, the timing obviously wasn't right.

in April 2009 when I was hospitalized for a ruptured ovarian cyst, and after undergoing several pregnancy tests to rule out a possible tubular pregnancy, I was told that my chances of ever conceiving were slim to none.

Jonathan was away, and I was heartbroken, and alone.

Barely two weeks later, Jonathan suspected something was up, and begged me to take a home pregnancy test.
I was extremely reluctant, but did it anyway.

May 8, 2009 is when we found out about our little miracle.
(A year ago, yesterday - awesome coincidence!)

The hospitals tests were wrong.
I had been pregnant all along.

So today, on this Mother's Day,
I celebrate how blessed I am to have her,
not how blessed she is to have me.
I celebrate the joy she has put into my heart,
and the joy she will continue to give me for the rest of our lives.
I am ready for those bumpy roads with open arms and a caring heart.
No matter what the future holds,
She will forever be the light in my life.
I am a mother because of her, and that is the greatest blessing I could ever ask for.
Thank you, my darling daughter..


As an unnecessary (but VERY much appreciated) 'Thank You' from my amazing husband, today I woke up to breakfast in bed..
Flowers..
The most beautiful card EVER - Only I get to read the inside :)
AND a Spa Day..
I also got Pj's, candy, chocolate, and a candle. Spoiled much?

Tonight he has made reservations for dinner, and apparently there is one more surprise!

Eat your heart our ladies, he is ALL mine!

I just wanted to wish EVERY mother & mother-to-be out there,
a very happy Mother's Day.
This is a truly special day for both you and your children.
Don't ever forget that joy & remember that you are just as blessed to have them, as they are blessed to have you!

1 Lovely Comments:

Goodnight moon said...

Seriously.....you have such a great catch! What an amazing husband!

I can't tell you how happy I am for you that you have your sweet miracle baby girl! She is yummy, and I just want to eat her all up. (and secertly cut her hair off and give it to my daughter.)

I know you had an amazing Mother's Day!!!!!! You deserve it!

And now...you get to plan out your hubs 1st Father's Day!