Monday, August 15, 2011

My First Coupon Haul!

I did it! I clipped and saved my coupons and went on my first coupon shopping trip - I am thrilled with the results!

I've watched "Extreme Couponing" a few times, and basically just sat there in amazement. I mean, how is that possible? Well, in all honesty, here in Canada it's not possible. I don't think anyone could ever coupon to that extent here, because are coupons aren't as great as those available in the US.
That being said, it took me a little while to find some good coupons worth my time. I ordered them all free of charge online from some really great resources. I was really surprised with some of them!
Yesterday morning, I sat down to make my weekly grocery list for a trip a friend and I planned to make out of town for cheaper goods. I had planned to use several coupons to bring that cost down, and decided to take a peak in some of the flyers she had sent my way. I don't get flyers delivered here on base; total bummer! I pulled out the Zellers flyer, and almost everything I had coupons for was on sale there - I was quite pleased with this discovery! I recruited that same friend and we went on our merry way!


As you see below, I didn't get very much, but I did get amazing value for what I payed for everything! (Sorry; the pictures are bad!)

The total value of the haul is about $80 before taxes. I paid $30 for everything, and I got some free samples as well as some more coupons!

For $30 I was able to purchase: laundry detergent (40 loads), fabric softener(62 loads), dryer sheets, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, 2 bottles of dish soap, 3 canisters of shaving cream (which were completely free with the awesome coupon I had), I also got a wax kit ($18 value), panty liners, mouthwash, graduates treats for the little one, and 3 graduate meals!

These are all things we use, and need! Mostly everything shown here will go into a "stock pile" since these are normally things I stock up when they are on sale anyways!

I am extremely thrilled with this new coupon discovery of mine, and I can't wait to see where this new discovery takes me! :)

2 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

I've gone thru couponing phases and I LOVEEEE it!! I just end up stopping after I'm way stocked up on stuff and then take awhile to get back into it! Good job! Its such a good feeling isn't it?!

Kara said...

Good for you! Since we are stationed overseas, I only have one store to grocery shop at. I can't coupon as good as I could if we were in the states, but I save at least 20% everytime I go to the store. That's not too bad in my opinion!