Sunday, August 14, 2011

I am No Longer An Army Wife!

I bet that caught your attention! This post really goes to show that I need to get back on the blogging band-wagon!

On June 22, my status as an army wife disappeared. Save your gasps; it's an amazing accomplishment for my husband, and I could not be more proud of him!! He is currently in transition from infantry, to become an Image Tech. for the Air Force! We are beyond thrilled about this. Photography has always been his passion (and talent!), so being able to do it while still serving in uniform is the greatest gift we could have ever asked for.

If you've been a long-time follower, you may have noticed that I rarely talk about our Military life. For the past year+ , it's been a bit of a sour subject for us. My husband put in his request for a trade transfer before our daughter was born (she is now 19 months old), and the wheels are finally turning! He is officially out of Infantry though, and we are exceptionally pleased!

This new trade means more training, this is the only downside - for me anyways! After (or during) training, there will be another posting. Can't say I am disappointed about that though! I was born for this Military life! I actually don't mind moving at all. I am not crazy though, I hate the process; packing, moving, unpacking, the mess, the stress, etc. YUCK! However, I am always excited for a change. So, bring it on!
On a side note, just to make the American Military wives jealous; when we get a posting, we don't have to lift a finger. Yup, that's right, we get movers to pack, move, and unpack, courtesy of the Military! That's probably why Canadians aren't posted nearly as much as Americans are.. I can live with that ;)

And so begins another chapter for us!! It's always sad to reach the end of something, but the excitement of what's to come, always wins!

^I guess I need to change that now! :)

2 Lovely Comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the big change! Sounds like a great new adventure coming your family's way.

On a side note when the American military gets orders some place new. The movers come and pack, move and unpack for us too. Some of us just choose not to use them.

The Mrs. said...

^ Thank you! As you could probably tell, we are pretty excited about it! :)

Really? I had no idea! Every time I hear of Postings in the American Military it's been just the opposite; good to know! :)