Sunday, November 27, 2011

November Update & Craft Shown

I figured it was about time for me to make a post, since it's been over a month since my last one. 

The month of November has been a eventful for us! You'll have to forgive me though, some of the following photo's were taken from my iPod Touch, so the quality is horrible.

Around the beginning of the month I was contacted to do a local craft show. I was very hesitant, but my mother-in-law convinced me that it would be a good thing for me, so I signed up. I spent most of the month prepping for it; making jewelry, making my bunting banner, getting my display just right etc. Photo's to follow!

On November 18th my amazing husband and I celebrated 5 wonderful years together, and we were lucky to be able to attend the Love & Respect marriage conference in Ottawa over that weekend, while his parents babysat little A.

*Part of my Anniversary card from the Mr. :)

The conference was amazing. I honestly cannot express you how great it was; So if you're married, and have never heard of it, check it out and get the book! This checked was packed with around 2500 people! The conference was held over 2 days; 4 hours each day. You'd think that was a long time, but there was never a dull moment. 


After the conference I had one week left to prepare for the craft show, so I got to work! I made my own bunting/pendant banner..


Made, and packaged up over 100 pieces of jewelry, in my adorable custom packaging..


Made various signage for my display table..


I even had custom risers made - How stinkin' adorable are these guys?! I had 3 of them made by :)


And, before I knew it, it was the day (Nov. 26)! I really wish that I had brought my camera with me to get better photo's. It was such a disappointment to realize my photo's would be terrible.

I was lucky enough to salvage that shelf that I got for FREE! It was unfinished wood, and in rough shape, so I painted it, and sanded down the edges to give it a shabby chic look.
I did a lot better at this show than I thought I would! It was a great experience, and a whole lot of fun. I think I have craft show fever now, because I cannot wait to do the next one!




1 Lovely Comments:

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

My hubby and I have the book, Love and Respect, but we haven't read it yet. Is it really good?