Friday, October 31, 2008

In Loving Memory


I've sat here for a while wondering how to write about his death, hoping that maybe it just wasn't true and I wouldn't have to face the fact that it is. My Great-Grandfather passed away this evening, and when I say 'great' I mean it as both possible ways. He was my grandmothers father, and a great one he was. I was his little princess, and he was the best grandfather a young girl could ask for. His death wasn't sudden, nor was it tragic. I am having trouble deciding whether to be sad that he is gone, or to be happy that he lived the life he did. I mean, how many men grow up to see there great-granddaughters get married? I can deffinitly say that he lived a full life, and lived it to the fullest.

I'm not quite sure when the funeral will be, most likely Monday or Tuesday I am guessing. I will be driving up to Campbellton with my mom on the day of the funeral, and I may possibly decide to stay there for a while afterwords depending on how I am feeling.


0 Lovely Comments: