Its been awhile since I've had the chance to get access to a computer, so I've obviously had a hard time keeping up with both blogs!
In the past week I have decided to take up a new hobby! I am starting a quilt with the fabric that matches the comforter in the spare room. My grandmother found the fabric before she even knew I had the comforter, and planned to make me a quilt, but never got the chance. She gave me the fabric 6 months ago, and now with all my spare time, I thought I would put it to use!! I've got the layout all ready, and most pieces are cut! I do have pictures, but not with me today. I have also started a lot of embroidery on it, and really thought I got in over my head yesterday after 8 hours of it, and having swollen hands.. Today though, I thought to ask Leslie if she could have a look at what I was doing and give me advice. She has never quilted, but she sews a lot! Just my luck, she had a spare sewing machine! She taught me the basics tonight, and I am going to see what I can so with it :) I am really excited about this!
In the past week I have decided to take up a new hobby! I am starting a quilt with the fabric that matches the comforter in the spare room. My grandmother found the fabric before she even knew I had the comforter, and planned to make me a quilt, but never got the chance. She gave me the fabric 6 months ago, and now with all my spare time, I thought I would put it to use!! I've got the layout all ready, and most pieces are cut! I do have pictures, but not with me today. I have also started a lot of embroidery on it, and really thought I got in over my head yesterday after 8 hours of it, and having swollen hands.. Today though, I thought to ask Leslie if she could have a look at what I was doing and give me advice. She has never quilted, but she sews a lot! Just my luck, she had a spare sewing machine! She taught me the basics tonight, and I am going to see what I can so with it :) I am really excited about this!
I have a ton more I could talk about right now but Im exausted :( I think its bed time! Enjoy the pictures!!
Congrats to Timothy and Heidi, who are expecting Baby #4 (Girl #3!!) on August 12th!
*****************************************
Here are the newer (not newest!) pictures of the apartment! It pretty much changes at least once a week :o)
This is the main hallway






1 Lovely Comments:
I'm glad to see you're back. I was just wondering last night if everything was okay with you. :)
Funny that you're starting a quilt... I've had a strange urge recently to try my hand at one. I have no idea where to start though!
Post a Comment