Sunday, August 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

At last! You'll also be happy to know, that we worried for nothing about the looks and the size of the house. Its gorgeous, spacious, and well layed-out. I am certainly quite happy with it! I expected a dark, gloomy cement basement, and got a beautiful well lit, open room perfect for just about anything! The 3 rooms are a bit smaller then we are used to, but we are happier with 3 rooms then 2. They too are layed out well, and perfect for what they are being used for (ie. Guest room & Baby room). The kitchen is quite bright and large, not a whole lot of cupboard space - mainly because our giant 500 year old microwave is taking up all the space - but with all the extra floor space, we intend to buy a microwave stand in the near future. We also have the back door, and two very large windows looking out onto our fenced backyard - Perfect for watching children.. or a puppy..
The living room is also a really great size, anything bigger and we wouldn't know what to do with all the space! In case you are wondering, yes the piano fit perfectly and is now sitting right where it belongs!
As for the bathroom, I wouldn't say its the best we've had. However, who can complain with the new bathtub, tile, and fixtures? AND everything works!!

We aren't fully finished unpacking yet (Yes, the movers were supposed to do that.. however that's another story I don't feel like getting into right now..), but it should be done in no time. The movers who packed up our things decided it would be funny to mix up the rooms in several boxes, so we've been having to organize which items go where. Normally that's not a huge issue, but when you have 2 sets of stairs it becomes tiring! I am not used to that many stairs.. but I love it!!!!

I will post pictures as soon as everything is set up and camera ready!


“Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?
Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”


0 Lovely Comments: