Now that I actually have a few minutes to myself, and can actually sit down by the computer, I think it's time I update my blog. It seems like so much has been going on that I've barely had a few minutes to myself.
On the 12th this month, a wonderful family friend (not sure if she is okay with my sharing her name or not!) threw me a baby shower! It was really great! Not only did she decorate beautifully, and had a cake made especially for me, but we received the last of the baby items we needed to prepare for the baby's arrival. Here are a few pictures.

^The punch! Yes, those are heart shaped ice cubes, made from pink lemonade! Mm!

^This has the to be the cutest cake I have ever seen. Not only was it adorable, but it was delicious! Lemon cranberry anyone?!

^Adorable!

^Our niece helping me with all the wonderful presents

^Cutting the [delicious] cake!
We came home the following Monday morning, just in time for my prenatal appointment. Later that day, I was surprised to notice a giant box on our front steps, and a delivery man walking away. I poked my head outside to find out what it was, and voila! It was the baby crib! Talk about relief. I knew the furniture would come, I just didn't know when exactly because they messed up on the tracking numbers I was given, and I wasn't expecting them until after Christmas.
That night my dear husband set up the crib, and he helped me set up the changing table. After the pieces were set up, I got to work and the baby's room is now almost done!

At this point, to complete the room, I need to bring the crib mattress home from Ottawa, get some sort of curtains for the window, and hang a few things on the walls because they are looking pretty bare!I found a lady in the area who makes custom wall art and cute little blocks. So I sent her an email, and she made these for the baby's room. I have already picked them up, and they are ready to hang!



Last Wednesday, we decided to go to the county to visit with some family. I regret to say it, but I spent most of the time there in bed. Not only was a small cold passed on to me by my husband, who refused to take Buckley's cold medicine (Errr!), but I was just absolutely exhausted! I couldn't stay awake for more then 3 hours. It was awful, but then again, I've been feeling that way for quite some time now and just assumed it was the pregnancy. I found out yesterday that I was very wrong!
I had my 37 week check-up yesterday, and my doctor was concerned because my iron is very low. He said that would explain my exhaustion (and my cravings for clams & spinach). Makes sense. He sent me home with a prescription for some iron supplements, that I have to take twice daily. I started taking them yesterday, and last night I had a delicious steak for diner. That would explain why I was up before my husband was this morning! Rare occasion. Other then that, there is still no change with the baby. She seems to be doing well, but is still no where near ready to make her appearance.
At the end of the month, I am scheduled to go into the labor ward so that they can monitor the baby for 30 minutes and make sure everthing is going well.
Well, now that you have been semi-updated, I think its time I get some breakfast.





2 Lovely Comments:
I'm glad to hear that the doc discovered your iron issue. I was creeping your FB last night after I sent you that message and noticed that you mentioned a time how tired you've been. It didn't quite seem right to me. Tired is normal, but that tired, not so much.
Hurray for supplements and steak! :)
Yeah, I knew something was up, and so did the hubby. Glad it's all sorted out now, and that we know!
Post a Comment