Wednesday, June 30, 2010

{Car Troubles}

Oh car..

Let me just start by saying that I know this post will not be centered, and it is already driving (HAHA.. driving..) me crazy! You can bet I will be changing that as soon as I am on an actual computer... Also, this post is going to suck because it's from my iPod touch!

We had been planning on taking a 3 hour drive to the camping resort, owned by Jonathan's cousin, in the county (I prefer to keep actual locations private for obvious reasons!) for a few weeks. So on Friday night we excitedly packed up the car, and got on our way.

We had a great weekend! Missie and I took little A swimming in the lake for the first time! It was adorable. I was holding her on her tummy, and she would kick and splash around in the water.
We also got some good shopping in, because they have better stores around the county then at home. I was finally able to update my summer "mom" wardrobe - it was in desperate need of a change! I also got a pretty sweet deal on jeans at Bluenotes, which I also desperately needed!

On our way back to the cottage I joked with Missie that it sounded like the motor was going to fall out of the car because it started making a weird cluncking noise, it stopped after a while, so we just brushed it off. We packed up the car to go home on Sunday night, and just as we were pulling out of the driveway, it started pouring rain. It was raining so much that the wippers couldn't even keep up. We thought about staying that night, since it was already 9pm, but Missie had to work the next day, so we had to leave.

We made our way into town and everything seemed fine. That was until all of a sudden it felt like our tire exploded. Immediately the front end hit the ground, and sparks were flying. We had absolutely no idea what just happened, but Jonathan did an amazing job controlling the car and pulling it as much off the road as he could.
As soon as the car stopped, tears immediately started flowing from my eyes. I had a rush of emotions that I just couldn't control. I was so thankful that we were all safe, but apparently becomming a parent makes these situations worse on your emotions. When I checked on Alivia, I was relieved to see that she had slept throughout the whole thing.
Jonathan went out with a flash light to inspect the damage. He immediately started shanking his head, and said that there was a lot of damage and that the car was probably not worth fixing. Cue the tears, again. The last thing we can afford right now is a new car. How would we get little A to her doctors appointments? How would we get HOME?!
We were lucky that we have CAA (roadside assistance), so Jon called them right away. He then called his younger brother William, who works at the park durring the summer, to come get us and take us back.
While we waited, my poor darling husband stood in the rain with flashlight in hand, directing traffic away from the car because the back end of the car was still on the road, and hard to see in the dark.
William and the tow truck came at the same time. I was extremely thankful for this because I dreaded the thought of leaving Jonathan alone in the rain to wait for the tow truck to come. The guys unloaded the trunk while I stuffed my purse with all of our belongings from the car.
Thinking it would be the last time I'd see our precious Honda, I said Goodbye and headed out into the rain, giant overstuffed purse in hand.
When we got back to the park, Jonathan borrowed his grandfathers car and we headed home for the second time.
I was relieved and exhausted when we got home at 3am.
Jon had to go straight back to the county the next day to return his grandfathers vehicle, and to deal with our car. We eventually decided that I would return with him.
After taking to one of the local mechanics, where we had the car dropped off, we found out the great news that our car IS repairable! Thank goodness!
On our way back the 28th we stopped to see the damage in daylight.
It was nothing like I expected, and I could have kissed the darn thing out of excitement!

So, this is what our car SHOULD look like:



And, this is what it actually lookes like:






Here you can see some of the junk hanging down


And here you can see how lopsided the car is.


We will be going today to find out exactly what's going on!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Not home!

1 Lovely Comments:

rite said...

your blog is adorable!!!