Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sorry If This Offends You, But...

I KNOW this may offend people, and I may get some interesting emails, or comments,
but guess what?
PETA actually stands for People Eating Tasty Animals.. In case you didn't know..

Jonathan shot his FIRST bear yesterday!!
He has had some VERY unlucky hunting for the past year,
(Geese, Duck, Deer, Turkey.. The list goes on)
so I am absolutely thrilled for him!

Little A is very proud of her handsome Daddy

I'll be honest with you-
When I met my handsome Mr. I was not a big meat eater,
nor did I really agree with hunting.
I remember once when I was a kid, I had been "tricked" into eating moose meat. After I finished my meal, I was told what I had just eaten.. My mother whispered it into my ear because my brother hadn't finished eating his yet..
"MOOOOOOOOOSE?!"
I shouted, while my brother immediately stopped chewing and spit out his food..
I was horrified!
I'm pretty sure I stopped eating meat at that point.
(except for bacon, ham, hot dogs, and hamburgers - What? I was a kid!)

When Jonathan and I started dating he convinced me to eat more meat, now I am a rib & steak eater - even though I still like my hot dogs every now and then.

He also taught me a lot about hunting, so not I appreciate it more!

Way to go Jonathan, I am so proud of you!
Photobucket

11 Lovely Comments:

Goodnight moon said...

Congrats! As long as you eat it...I don't care that he killed it. I mean...afterall...that is how the settlers did it!

Bella N Chief said...

Good for him! Congrats!

The Mrs. said...

I don't personally eat game - I honestly just don't like it! but my hubby eats everything he hunts! :)

Anonymous said...

So please help me to understand, what is he going to do with the bear now he has taken its life?

Anonymous said...

Tell hubs congrats on his kill!!

Anonymous- Most hunter only kill what they are going to eat Or at least that's how i was raised.

The Mrs. said...

I certainly will, Mrs. H! :)

Anonymous - Well, there bear is now skinned, and ready to be mounted, (Yes, apparently the hubs want's a FULL bear mount) while it's meat is in our freezer!

Mrs. H said...

I grew up with hunting so when I saw this...it absolutely made me smile :)

Now the cute little babe can get naked bottom bear skin rug pictures!
(You have to...it's almost MANDATORY now!) haha ;)

Mrs. H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yay for him! Bears are difficult. My brothers and dad avid hunters of everything. Every weapon, every season. Way to go on him providing meat for your family!

Anonymous said...

Thank you taking the time to answer me. Haven't had bear ever, in England they are somewhat rare :), I didn't realise you could eat it

Alison x

The Mrs. said...

You can, but I won't - hahah :)