Saturday, January 22, 2011

.. Rawr!

The other day Little A wasn't feeling to great. She was just getting over a cold, on top of teething, and having a very bad rash on her bum. The poor girl always gets a bad rash when she is cutting teeth. In my attempt to make her feel better, I got some yogurt for her, and we cuddled up on the couch. I decided to tell her a story, and figured the best one, was to tell her where she came from!

I told her that before she came to us, God had created her. I told her that he made her perfect little toes, and worked his way up, until he made her beautiful hair.

I went on and on, while she sat there quietly, watching me and listening while eating her yogurt. Finally, about 20 or so minutes later, after describing how excited we were about her arrival, I said "..And 9 months later.." but before I could finish, she threw her hands up in the air and started yelling "RAWWRR RAWWWRRRR". I was laughing SO hard I could barely see straight! I managed to say "Yup, that's pretty much how it happened." eventually.

You can bet that story made it into her baby book! =)

2 Lovely Comments:

Amanda said...

This is probably the best story I've ever heard. In my life. And certainly beats any "where you came from" story that I could tell my own child.

Unknown said...

How perfect! I love that story :)