Monday, January 10, 2011

Stupid, stupid mistake..

And in the back of my mind, all I can think is, "how the heck did I not realize what I was doing?"..

Have you ever done something really stupid without even realizing it? Something so incredibly frustrating and unfixable? I've done this so many times that you'd think I'd be more patient with things, but nope.

As most of my followers know, I have a small home jewelry business/hobby. With a popular page on Facebook, and over 1500 fans, customers were just rolling in.

Last Thursday, while clearly not paying attention to what I was doing, I deleted it.

Gone. Just like that. Over 1500 fans, 2000+ pictures, and almost 40 reviews, just vanished as if they didn't even exist. Yes, I cried a little. I worked really hard to get that far, and it seems as though I did it all for nothing, just to let my stupidity delete it all.

I tried contacting Facebook several times to see if they could reactivate the page - however, apparently they only reply if you are are paying them to advertise. ugh. Though I am frustrated, I can totally see where they are coming from..

So what happens next? Start over. From scratch, and pray it works out. If you were a previous fan, you can find the new page here:

Photobucket

3 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I'm sorry that happened...

Chantal said...

Wow! I'm sorry! Hope you can get all your followers back.

Kara said...

Oh crap! That sucks, but I'm following you again!